Tuesday, October 7, 2014

"Let me help you reach your goals Mom."

I am about a week in to my 30-day health challenge, and my family is paying attention. My eight-year-old went on a walk with me "to help you reach your goal". They know I am tracking my steps and are encouraging me to succeed. I love having little cheerleaders!

I continue to meet with my friends every Monday night. They have so many good ideas and recipes. My high's this week were starting the 30-day challenge and running 8.4 miles - the farthest I have ever gone! My low's were eating two Blue Lemon sugar cookies (a girl has got to live, right?). I allow myself to have "cheat moments" every once in a while. I am not saying goodbye to carbs and sugar - I am saying I don't need them to feel good. I am rewarding myself in other ways.

Some fun ideas for my favorite comfort food, the pancake:

You can buy this bag at Costco.  One serving has 190 calories, 2 grams of fat, and 14 grams of protein. If you prepare it with milk and eggs, it has 21 grams of protein!


Egg pancakes (you are blending it all together to make the batter, carmel dip is optional)





No comments:

Post a Comment